The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Manager, IT Service Delivery
Reports to: Operations Lead
The Manager, IT Service Delivery is responsible for managing the IT requirements of the Alzheimer Society of Canada (ASC) with a focus on delivering consistent and high-quality client services.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the IT Service Delivery (on-site & offsite) by any third party vendor such as desktop support, AV, Phone systems.
- Manage IT staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Provide technical support for Office 365 and manages Microsoft 365 admin centre.
- Align IT initiatives with organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement IT best practices, strategies, policies and procedures that enhance operational efficiency, security, and user experience.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including computers, operating systems, telephones, software applications, etc.
- Monitor and manage all systems performance, uptime and security.
- Ensure proper software licensing, registrations, and renewals.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards relating to data privacy and security.
- Work with the Operations Lead to determine and prioritize strategies for improving operational and technical efficiency and provide regular updates on IT initiatives, projects, and performance analytics.
- Communicate regularly with the leadership team and staff regarding processes, cyber security, information services, and new technologies and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend best practices and continuous improvement opportunities for all relevant service delivery capabilities, including IT Service Desk, Ed-User Computing and Desktop support by leveraging tickets, trends and survey data.
- Safeguard organizational assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures. Certify all backup and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Maintain security and privacy of information systems, including building out a cyber security program with staff education and training and annual assessment of vulnerabilities.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and industry trends and assess their potential impact on ASC’s IT infrastructure.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contacts.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Operations Lead.
- Manage resources, team and strategy to deliver web-based projects and electronic solutions.
- Manage domain name registrations and renewals and DNS management as required.
- Maintain inventory of all IT assets.
Your Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field required.
- At least five years of experience in IT management role(s).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage priorities, and make informed decisions.
- Strong technical knowledge of IT, networks, web platforms and technologies, cybersecurity, hardware and cloud technologies.
- IT budgeting and cost management experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
- Team player and strong listening skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet commitments and juggle workload priorities.
- Ability to identify & escalate priority requests and incidents effectively.
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure, systems, and emerging technologies, with the ability to effectively communicate these back to the team.
- Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices.
- Exceptional customer-facing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot effectively.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge with supporting various IT hardware and software platforms (i.e., Windows 10/11, Office 365, website services, cloud based solutions, etc.).
- Knowledge of both insourcing and outsourcing Service Desk models.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude.
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Ability to work onsite and remotely.
- Prior knowledge and experience with IT Service Desk ticketing management systems.
Commitment to Equitable Recruitment
The Alzheimer Society recognizes the value and dignity of each individual and ensures everyone has genuine, open, and unhindered access to employment opportunities, free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment, where the rights of all individuals and groups are protected and all members feel safe, respected, empowered, and valued for their contributions.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 1, 2023