Complete our pre-registration form for in person support groups.
Register for one of our online support groups.
Do you feel alone on your journey as a care partner to someone who is living with dementia? Join other care partners for peer support and to learn new strategies that may help to decrease your stress. Each group will be facilitated by one of our counselling staff.
In Person Support Groups
Case counsellors facilitate these groups and offer information and guidance according to the needs and interests of the group. Support groups run once a month for 1.5 hours. View upcoming sessions below for detailed information about dates and locations.
Men's Social & Support Group
Second Tuesday of the month
Peach King Centre, 162 Livingston Ave, Grimsby (Upstairs meeting room)
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Second and Fourth Thursday of the month
Cornerstone Church, 434 Hunter Rd, NOTL
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Niagara Falls Evening
Last Monday of the month
Drummond Hill Presbyterian Church, 6136 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
This closed-biweekly support group is designed specifically for care partners with a family member living at home. Facilitated by our counselling staff, this series will provide support, guidance and coping mechanisms according to the needs and interests of the group.
- The next series of sessions will run from October 5, 2022 - February 15, 2023. Registration for this series closed Friday, September 30, 2022.
- Pre-Register Online now to add yourself to the waitlist or call 905-687-3914 to register.
LTC Transitional Self-Help Group
This 6-session weekly support group is designed specifically for care partners with a family member living in long-term care. Facilitated by our counselling staff, this series will help anyone adjusting to their family member being in care.
- Our next 6-week series runs Thursdays from 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm from October 20, 2022 - November 24, 2022 at the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region (#1-403 Ontario St., St. Catharines). Registration closes Monday, October 17.
- Pre-register online now or call 905-687-3914 to register.
Online Support Groups
All of our online support groups are 1.5 hours and offered using the Zoom platform. To register for a group, click on the group you are interested in below in the Upcoming Dates section and follow the links to register online. You will be e-mailed the Zoom connection details after submitting the registration form.
Caregiver Support Group & Coffee Hour
- Second and Fourth Monday of the month @ 2:00 pm
Evening Support Group
- First and Third Thursday of the month @ 7:00 pm
Young Onset Dementia Care Partner Group
- First Wednesday of the Month @ 7:00 pm