To learn more about any of our Public Education offerings, please contact our InfoLine at 1-800-611-6345 or contact Kara Gouthro-Murgatroyd at [email protected]
Public Education: The Alzheimer Society offers numerous public education opportunities, free of charge:
- Customized education sessions on various dementia-related topics to groups and organizations throughout the province, both in-person and virtually
- Community Night held yearly in October in tandem with our provincial dementia care conference. The public has a chance to ask questions, hear from those working in the field of dementia care and research, gather valuable resources from exhibiting organizations and to connect with others.
- January Awareness Month offers opportunities for the public to learn more about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias through special events, panel discussions and media campaigns.
- AlzEducate is online education sessions on various topics related to dementia. Offered four times per year, Alz Ed sessions are recorded and can be accessed on the ASNS Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/@AlzheimerNS
- Information booths are available for your conference or health promotion event
Delivery: offered in-person and virtually
Eligibility: For family, friends, health care providers, and anyone who would like to learn more about dementia.
If you’re interested in bringing in a speaker to talk about dementia, caregiving, research or advocacy, your local Alzheimer Society is a great resource and has staff and volunteers who are willing to help you get the message out about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
To learn more about any of our Public Education offerings, call our InfoLine at 1-800-611-6345 or contact Kara Gouthro-Murgatroyd at [email protected]