Welcome to the Alzheimer Society Research Portal
The Alzheimer Society Research Portal connects researchers with Canadians looking to participate in studies. This initiative will help to advance Canadian studies on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Participate in a study
How do I participate in a study?
To get involved in a specific study, please refer to the contact information on the studies listed below.
- Treatment study seeking participants with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
- Community study seeking participants who are living with a companion/service dog for at least one year, on a waiting list for a service dog or would be interested in a service dog if the service was available in their region
- Treatment study seeking participants at early or moderate stage Alzheimer’s disease
- Mobility study seeking participants who are over 65 and have a diagnosis of dementia
- Exercise study seeking participants with mild cognitive impairment or mild Alzheimer's disease or caregivers
- Depression and Alzheimer’s disease study seeking participants diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and depression
- Caregiver study seeking participants who are over 80 and are caring for a husband, wife or partner with dementia on a daily or weekly basis
- Treatment study seeking participants who are aged 60-80 and are noticing memory or cognitive changes
Pharmaceutical and clinical trials are not included in the Alzheimer Society Research Portal. You can find these studies at www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Where can I learn more about participating in research?
Visit the Participating in research page on our website.
Researchers > find participants
How do I submit a study?
To submit a call for participants for your study, please complete and submit the online application form.
What information is included on the Research Portal?
Each study listing includes:
- a description of the study and its location;
- start and end dates;
- eligibility criteria; and
- contact information for those interested in participating in the study.
What types of studies are included in the Research Portal?
To be eligible, studies must be supported by the Alzheimer Society Research Program (ASRP) or other recognized funding agencies that have a formal committee review process. Studies related to pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies, marketing research firms or other for-profit enterprises are not eligible for posting on the Research Portal.
Please ensure that all requirements are met before submission.