Welcome to the Alzheimer Society Research Portal
The Alzheimer Society Research Portal connects researchers with Canadians looking to participate in studies. This initiative will help to advance Canadian studies on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Participate in a study
How do I participate in a study?
To get involved in a specific study, please refer to the contact information on the studies listed below.
- Treatment study seeking participants with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
- Caregiving study seeking participants 18 and older who care for a spouse or parent with Alzheimer’s disease
- Caregiving study seeking participants 18 and older who care for a family member with Alzheimer’s disease
- Effects of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation study seeking participants at early or moderate stage Alzheimer’s disease
- Mobility study seeking participants who are over 65 and have a diagnosis of dementia
- Working with dementia study seeking participants with early onset dementia or Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Exercise study seeking participants with mild cognitive impairment or mild Alzheimer's disease or caregivers
- Technology study seeking participants over 54 experiencing concerns with attention, memory, ability to learn new things or other cognitive changes
- Depression and Alzheimer’s Disease study seeking participants diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and Depression
- Caregiving study seeking caregivers over 18 taking care of adult member in the household for past 12 months
Pharmaceutical and clinical trials are not included in the Alzheimer Society Research Portal. You can find these studies at www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Where can I learn more about participating in research?
Visit the Participating in research page on our website.
Researchers > find participants
How do I submit a study?
To submit a call for participants for your study, please complete and submit the online application form.
What information is included on the Research Portal?
Each study listing includes:
- a description of the study and its location;
- start and end dates;
- eligibility criteria; and
- contact information for those interested in participating in the study.
What types of studies are included in the Research Portal?
To be eligible, studies must be supported by the Alzheimer Society Research Program (ASRP) or other recognized funding agencies that have a formal committee review process. Studies related to pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies, marketing research firms or other for-profit enterprises are not eligible for posting on the Research Portal.
Please ensure that all requirements are met before submission.