The number of Ontarians with dementia is expected to increase by 40% in the next decade. The human costs and the costs to our health-care system will be enormous. We really could not do what we do to support people with dementia, and raise money to find a cure, without volunteers. We value your experience, your input, your enthusiasm and the opportunity to work with you.
To find out how you can get involved please contact Rosalyn Adolph [email protected] or 905-278-3667 Ext. 208
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers are people like you who want to make a difference in their community. When you become an Alzheimer Society volunteer you have a chance to:
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Help improve the quality of community life
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Work with other members of the team to achieve a specific goal
Volunteering also helps you make a difference in your own life. You can:
- Use your professional skills in a new setting
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Advance your career or gain experience and qualifications for future employment, scholarships, bursaries and academic programs
- Build your network and establish contacts in your field of interest
- Boost your health and reduce your stress
- Create a schedule that works for you
- Have fun!
Day Program Volunteer (availability: various weekdays 10-3pm, 18 years old +)
Nora's House Volunteer (availability: evening, weekends, 18+ yrs) - Currently only searching for a garden-upkeep volunteer (watering, weeding, etc)
Education Volunteer (various evening opportunities on set dates, 18+ yrs)
Office Volunteer (availability: daytime, various time periods throughout the year, 18+ yrs)
Event Volunteers (various dates per year with various tasks)
Event Committee Member (looking for food/beverage enthusiastic individuals for Aug-Nov commitment)
Community Outreach/Delivery (various times throughout year) Includes poster distribution, delivering memorial cards to funeral homes, etc.
Newsletter/Media Volunteer (various times throughout year) Could include writing short articles, interviewing individuals, creating concepts, meeting with staff
To learn more about various opportunities or to meet with our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss what is right for you, please email [email protected] or call 905-278-3667 x208.
Volunteer Application Form
Does your workplace encourage volunteering in the community? We do too! We are able to have groups of up to 12 (or more, but not at the same location) come in and assist with various activities such as;
- Gardening / outdoor cleanup
- Crafts / seasonal activities with our Day Program Members
- Large projects (room painting, wallpapering, etc)
- Event preparation / special projects
Please contact Rosalyn Adolph at [email protected] for a Group Volunteering Application Form and to discuss opportunities that would be right for your group.