Want something done about Dementia in PEI? Raise your Voice Here
Who is Affected?
As of 2019...
- 2,570 Islanders are affected by dementia
- 13% are under the age of 65
- 64% are Woman
- 59% are living in the community
- Total economic impact of dementia is over $161 million
- Unpaid caregiver costs exceed $54 million
As of 2038…
- Nearly 4,000 Islanders will be living with dementia.
- Informal caregivers will be providing 2.7 million hours of unpaid care.
- Unpaid caregiver costs will exceed $204 million.
- The total economic burden of dementia will exceed $560 million.
If we do not act today, we will be unprepared to meet the needs of Islanders affected by dementia.
If we do not act today, we will be unprepared to meet the needs of Islanders affected by dementia. Want something done about dementia in PEI? Raise your voice, click here.
For the latest statistics on dementia in Canada, Click here.