Make your donation today
You can make an enduring impact in our shared goal to end dementia.
Ways to donate
Make a one-time donation using our secure online form.
Sign up for our monthly giving program. Monthly giving is the best, and easiest, way for you to make a positive and ongoing impact in the lives of people living with dementia and their caregivers.
It’s reliable, affordable, convenient, and flexible. Sign up now through our secure online form.
Donate in memory or in tribute
Make a gift in memory or in honour of someone you care about through our secure online form.
If you would like to make a in memory/tribute donation on behalf of a company, use this form.
Donate by mail or fax
Complete and print our fillable donation form (PDF). All the information you need is on the form to make a
- One-time donation
- In memoriam donation
- In honour donation
- Monthly donation
Donate by telephone
Call toll-free 1-800-616-8816 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET Monday to Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Please have your credit card number ready. We accept VISA, MasterCard and AMEX. Outside these hours, you can leave a voice message with your name and phone number, and we will gladly return your call on the next business day.
Leave a legacy
Through our Gift in your Will program, you can plan your charitable gift to provide the greatest benefit to you, your family, and the Alzheimer Society.
Make a gift of stock
To make a gift of stock, visit our page for more information, or print and complete our fillable gift of stock donation form (PDF).
Looking for a receipt for your donation?
We issue official income tax receipts for all donations of $20 or more. If you would like a receipt for less than $20, please let us know by telephone at 1-800-616-8816 or by email at [email protected].
Important information regarding your printed tax receipts
If you typically receive physical copies or if you are requesting just one printed receipt, we ask you to please consider providing us with your email address. That way, we can send you electronic versions of these documents. You can contact us at [email protected].
The impact of your donation
Your donation today will help us:
- Bring services, education programs, support, and trusted information to people with dementia, their families and caregivers across the country.
- Fund groundbreaking research to find new treatments and eventually a cure, and improve care and support for people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Promote public education and awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias to eliminate stigma and misconceptions, and ensure people know where to turn for help.
- Influence policy and decision-making to address the needs of people living with dementia and their caregivers.
Check out our recent impact reports to see how your donation can help
Thank you for supporting the next wave of dementia research. Read this donor impact report to get the full picture of how your generosity is funding innovative treatments and unlocking new ways to improve the quality of life of people living with dementia and caregivers in Canada. A digital version of this report is also available.
You can also check out the list of our annual and impact reports.
Accountability and transparency
If you have any questions about where your donation dollars go, please see our most recent audited financial statement, our latest Donor Impact Report or contact us at [email protected]. We are committed to full financial disclosure.
Your privacy is always respected. We hold all information relating to your correspondence and contributions to the Alzheimer Society of Canada in the strictest confidence.
As a member of the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA), the Society is committed to upholding the principles of the Canadian Marketing Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
1. How do I get my receipt?
Online donors will receive a receipt by email. If you donate by mail, fax or phone, we will mail a receipt to you. We issue official income tax receipts for all donations of $20 or more.
If you make one of more donations of less than $20, we will send you a tax receipt in February for the total of your donations in the previous year.
2. Can I get my tax receipt by email?
Absolutely. We welcome and encourage requests to receive your tax receipts electronically to help us reduce postage costs and protect the environment.
Please contact us by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 1-800-616-8816 to get your receipt by email.
3. What's your charitable number?
The Alzheimer Society of Canada's Charitable Number is 11878 4925 RR0001.
4. As an Alzheimer Society of Canada supporter, will I receive solicitations from other charities?
Not if you don't want to. On occasion, we do share our mailing list with other registered charitable organizations to help offset some of our costs. If you would prefer that we not share your name, please contact us at [email protected].
5. How often will you contact me?
As a supporter of the Society, you'll be kept up-to-date on information about Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, caregiver support initiatives and new research advancements through our letters and newsletters.
You'll also be invited, from time to time, to renew your support of the Society. We hope you'll respond to these requests whenever you can.
You can also speak to one of our donor specialists at 1-800-616-8816, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday ET to discuss your contact preferences.
6. Can I have my donation automatically withdrawn from my account?
Yes, you can join our Monthly Giving program. Complete our printable monthly donation form, provide a cheque marked VOID to the Alzheimer Society of Canada or credit card information, and your donation will be withdrawn automatically on either the 1st or 15th of each month.
Speak to one of our donor specialists at 1-800-616-8816, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday ET for more information.
7. What if I move or I have a new email?
We want to be sure that we have your current address, physical and electronic, so we can send you tax receipts, news updates and our letters.
Simply call us at 1-800-616-8816, or send us an email at [email protected] with both your old and new addresses.
8. As an Alzheimer Society of Canada supporter, how can I stay informed about the work of the Society?
- All the latest about the Alzheimer Society and related information in the news can be found in our What's happening section.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. Through our electronic newsletters and regular mailings, we'll keep you up-to-date on new advancements in dementia research and how your money is helping people with this devastating disease.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.