A world without Alzheimer disease and other types of dementias.
The Alzheimer Society of Newfoundland and Labrador, Inc. exists:
- to support the search for the cause and cure of Alzheimer disease and other dementias, its diagnosis, treatment, and care;
- to raise public awareness of the personal social impact of this disease;
- to promote the provision of support to families and care partners in the province.
We believe in:
- Quality of Life: People living with Alzheimer disease and other dementias and their care partners deserve the best possible quality of life while maintaining their basic human rights.
- Our Partners: The Alzheimer Society cannot stand alone in this mission. Without generous support and cooperation of our partners we could not continue to assist those in need.
- Our People: Our staff and volunteers are respected and valuable resources; directly driving our society towards our vision.
- Our Services: Our services respond to the needs of those with Alzheimer disease, other types of dementias and their care partners, while respecting their rights, confidentiality, and dignity.
- Our Research: We actively support ongoing research and education initiatives of the National and International Alzheimer movement. We encourage and support advancements in diagnosis, treatment, and care of persons with Alzheimer disease.
- Accountability: Our Society exercises the prudent use of its financial resources and is accountable to the public for the use of all resources.