Register online or contact us today!
Week 2 - Communications & Coping Strategies.
This week, we discuss Communications & Coping Strategies.
This weeks Learning Series speaker is Denver Newman.
- Denver Newman is the First Link Navigator for the Alzheimer Society of Newfoundland and Labrador and has been with the Society since 2021.
- In 2020, she obtained a Bachelor of Arts from Memorial University majoring in Sociology and minoring in Psychology.
- In her free time, Denver volunteers for the Red Cross.
- Reacting to your Diagnosis
- Communicating your Diagnosis
- Changes in Communication
- Communication Tips for Care Partners
- Effects for the Person with Dementia
- Effects of Dementia
- Impact of Dementia
- Common Reactions & Feelings
- Coping Strategies for the Person with Dementia
- Self-Care for the Care Partner
- The Caregiver’s Bill of Rights
- Experiencing Grief & Loss
Our connections matter!
Join the Alzheimer Society First Link Learning Series program today and learn more to live well with dementia.
Our learning series provides an overview of dementia, coping strategies, and knowledge of community support services. The series is 15 weeks and is at no cost to participants. Register today!