Volunteer Board Member
Alzheimer Society of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland & Haliburton
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our Board of Directors. Our directors are accountable for the monitoring and oversight of the organization’s performance goals, ensuring financial accountability and providing feedback and guidance to the Executive Director of our Society.
ABOUT OUR SOCIETY
The Alzheimer Society of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland & Haliburton is a not-for-profit charitable organization, providing supportive services and programing at no charge to families and individuals affected by Alzheimer disease and other dementias.
Improving the quality of life for those affected by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
BOARD MEMEBER – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Positive and proactive attitude with good professional judgement
- Team oriented with leadership abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment & compliance to privacy, confidentiality & conflict of interest policies
- Serve as active advocate and ambassador for the organization
- Willingness to participate in the annual Walk for Alzheimer’s and/or other fundraising event(s)
- Open to participating on one or more committees
- Approve/monitor policies, strategic and organizational planning, annual reviews, and other recommendations received from the Board, its standing committees, and Executive Director.
- Experience in non-profit governance is preferred.
BOARD MEMEBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be a minimum age of 18 and must reside or work in Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland or Haliburton.
- Ability to participate in a time commitment of approximately 4-6 hours/month (mainly evenings) for monthly board meeting & committee support which includes time for review of emails and meeting preparation.
- Ability to commit to a 3-year term with opportunity to extend for a second 3-year term. (Board members are elected by current board membership).
- Police Record Check will be required
- Location: Meetings are traditionally held in person at the Society Office in Peterborough. (Due to COVID19 and based on changing provincial health regulations there may be requirements to hold Board Meetings virtually by Zoom. It is recommended that Board members have access to a reliable internet service and familiarity with online meeting formats.)
Please send your resume [email protected]
For more information contact Susan Simmons at
705-748-5131 ext. 230| 1-800-561-2588