Client Support Coordinator
Full Time Position – 35 Hours per week
Who You Are
You are a caring and compassionate person who is dedicated to putting the unique needs of the person living with dementia and their care partner at the centre of everything you do. You are an excellent communicator who actively listens and collaborates with others. You understand the importance of behaving ethically, creating boundaries, and providing support in a manner that is suited to the individual and/or family.
What you will be doing:
- Providing ongoing support services to people living with dementia and their care partners. This includes facilitating support groups, providing one to one support, information, and education.
- Working with individuals to develop an ongoing support plan. This could include support services from within the Alzheimer Society as well as referrals to community partners.
- Communication with community partners and/ or referral sources to ensure early intervention and a collaborative approach to support for the person with dementia and their care partner
- Building strong internal and external relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, donors and community stakeholders
- Maintaining confidential, accurate client documentation records
What you bring to the table:
- Diploma or degree in health care, social services, gerontology, or other related discipline
- Experience working directly with people living with dementia and their care partners
- Previous experience with a community-based agency or not for profit
- Willingness to participate in professional development and work actively with team members
- Ability to travel within our four counties
Who We Are
We are a locally based organization that serves people living with dementia, their care partners, and families. Need in our region is rising quickly, and we are poised to address it: our strategic plan is in place, our staff are on the forefront of innovation, and our fundraising is ready to go to the next level.
We support our staff to maintain a work-life balance, have excellent benefits and ensure you have access to continued professional development. Our office is beautiful and spacious, and we encourage you to bring your sense of humour to work with you.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their most updated resume and cover letter with “Job Title” in the subject line to [email protected] prior to Friday October 1st, 2021, 4:00 pm
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Commitment to Equitable Recruitment:
The Alzheimer Society welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity and social justice and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, Black and persons of colour, persons with disabilities, people living with dementia, care partners and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.