For self-referral, please contact the Alzheimer Society of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland & Haliburton directly at 705-748-5131 ext. 235 / 1-800-561-2588 or by email to Maddy Scott, Intake Coordinator.
We accept referrals from health care providers, and other community service organizations; or you are welcome to call us yourself. When you give permission to your health care provider to make a referral to the Alzheimer Society, we will contact you directly to talk about your concerns; determine what Alzheimer Society programs would best support you; and link you to other local health services and resources that suit your situation.
Connecting with First Link® means you can:
- Receive one-on-one or group support
- Participate in our many educational workshops and seminars
- Meet other people in similar circumstances and exchange experiences
- Get help to plan your future
- Be referred to local healthcare providers and community services
First Link® is about bringing together Alzheimer Society staff, primary care physicians and other health professionals to make it easier for you to get the help you need.