Email: [email protected]
Leave a Legacy program
The Alzheimer Society is proud to be a participant in the Canadian Association of Gift Planners’ Leave a Legacy program. Leave a Legacy is a collaborative effort designed to encourage people from all walks of life to make gifts from their estates to the charitable organization of their choice. The initiative is supported by charities, community foundations, estate planning professionals, corporate sponsors and the media.
Ways to leave a legacy
Individuals like you are our main source of funding for the programs and services we provide to the over 2,900 families living with dementia in the district of Thunder Bay.
There are many different ways to make a charitable gift - we can help you plan a contribution that meets your financial and personal needs. You may choose to make a gift during your lifetime or through your estate, or create a named fund with family and friends in honour of a loved one.
Your legacy can take many forms:
- Bequests: a bequest in your Will can create a lasting legacy
- Life Insurance: use an new or existing policy to make a donation
- Registered Plans (RRSPs and RRIFs): designate all or some of these funds to the Society
- Charitable Annuities: allows you to make a gift today and still have enough income to live comfortably
- Charitable Trusts: you can receive an immediate tax benefit and continue to enjoy the benefit of your property through your lifetime
- Securities and Mutual Funds: donate stocks, bonds, or mutual funds to receive a tax benefit
- Named Funds: an endowment and lasting tribute
Note: Information about these options is not intended as specific financial planning or legal advice. You should always consult your legal advisors, financial planners and family members when considering a planned gift.
How to make a planned gift
We can provide information about the various types of planned gifts and advice on how to make arrangements.
The Alzheimer Society understands that estate and gift planning is a strictly confidential matter. Please be assured your enquiry will be handled in a manner that respects your privacy. See our Privacy page for more information.