Education for family and friends
The Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County has been a leader in dementia education in Simcoe County since 1985. The Society educates caregivers through the First Link® Learning Series, specialized workshops and by providing additional educational materials.
The Society offers the First Link® Learning Series for families and friends of people living with dementia.
First Link® Learning Series
The First Link® Learning Series is made up of distinct courses that are progressive in nature. Each course builds upon the other to provide participants with a comprehensive overview of dementia, coping strategies, resources and support systems. These courses are facilitated by staff of the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County.For more information about the courses that make up the First Link Learning Series and upcoming courses offered, please click the links below:
- Next Steps (early stage)...read more
- Care Essentials (middle stage)...read more
- Options for Care (community care and long-term care placement)...read more
- Care in the Later stages...read more
- Workshops & Information Sessions... read more
- Positive Approach® to Care... read more