Lisa Raitt talks about her experiences as a caregiver
In the special webinar Challenging the Stigma of Dementia, learn more about the research and personal experiences that relate to stigma against dementia, understand the consequences of stigma, and find out what actions you can take to change attitudes and challenge stigma. Watch the hour-long presentation here (English only).
This webinar is presented by Dr. Jennifer Bethell, Dr. Laura Middleton and Advisory Group member and person living with dementia Roger Marple. Hosted by brainXchange in partnership with the Alzheimer Society of Canada and the Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration in Aging (CCNA).
The shape of proteins
One of biology's biggest mysteries has been solved...using artificial intelligence. An AI lab in London, UK has figured out how to predict the shapes of proteins as they fold. Read about it here.
What does this mean for dementia research? A better understanding of protein shapes could play a pivotal role in the development of novel drugs to treat Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. At the moment, there are only four approved medications to treat Alzheimer's. Read more here.
ALZ LLG Board of Directors Minutes
- December 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
- September 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
- 2019 AGM
- February 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
- January 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
- December 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- October 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- September 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- 2018 AGM
- May 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- April 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- February 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- January 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- October 2017 Board Meeting Minutes
- September 2017 Board Meeting Minutes