First Link® referrals help physicians and other health-care providers connect you to the Alzheimer Society of Waterloo Wellington services and support.
You can contact us by calling one of our three offices or by email at [email protected].
For people with dementia and care partners
If you are interested in accessing support services available through the Alzheimer Society Waterloo Wellington, you are welcome to contact us directly without a professional referral. You can contact us by calling one of our three offices or by email at [email protected]
For healthcare professionals
The First Link® referral program provides a way for you to connect individuals and families to help and support through the Alzheimer Society.
If you are a physician or health care professional working in family practice, healthcare facilities or community agency settings, you can help people by referring them to the Alzheimer Society Waterloo Wellington.
- Obtain permission from the person with dementia and/or their care partner or family member to refer them to us as soon as the diagnosis is made
- Once consent is received, send a referral to us by one of the following methods:
- Complete our referral form and send it into our office via fax (519-742-1862),
- Submit a referral through the e-referral system for LHIN or
- Make a referral through Caredove.
- Once the referral has been received, a registered social worker will contact the person with dementia and/or their care partner as soon as possible to provide information, assess needs and connect them directly to information and support services in their community.