Find support in Waterloo Wellington
The Alzheimer Society of Waterloo Wellington offers a variety of services to support people living with dementia and their care partners.
To find out more about our support services, contact the Alzheimer Society of Waterloo Wellington.
Individual and family support
The Alzheimer Society Waterloo Wellington’s team of dedicated social workers are here to work with you to develop a plan that meets your needs and interests and support you through your journey. Please select from one of the following options:
The Alzheimer Society Waterloo Wellington’s team of dedicated social workers are here to work with you to develop a plan that meets your needs and interests and support you through your journey.
Our registered social workers can help you problem-solve individual situations, provide information and strategies, and connect you to appropriate resources within the society and the community. Telephone and in-person counselling appointments are available to persons with dementia, care partners, family members and friends.
We offer counselling and support in our offices in Cambridge, Guelph, and Kitchener, and we also have appointments available in satellite offices across the region in locations such as Mount Forest, Elmira, Erin, and New Hamburg, among others. Please call our office for information about availability.
Contact us: To connect with a social worker for counselling, email [email protected] or contact one of our offices.
- By phone: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4 pm; a limited number of evening appointments are available
- Office/satellite locations: Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 4 pm; a limited number of evening appointments are available
- After-hours support: Support for care partners of persons with dementia is available through Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000. In addition, call Here 24/7 anytime to access addictions, mental health and crisis services at 1 844 437 3247 (HERE 247)
Please read our terms of service to learn about our information privacy policies.
By joining a dementia support group, you will:
- Meet and get to know others who are going through similar experiences.
- Have the opportunity to discuss topics that are relevant to your situation
- Learn more about the disease and how to care for someone.
- Offer peer support to people with common experiences.
Time-limited and ongoing support groups are available for family and friends of persons living with dementia. Specialized groups include ambiguous loss and those for care partners of individuals with young-onset dementias. If you are interested in joining a support group, please call into our offices at 519-742-1422, or email us at [email protected] to speak with a counsellor.
Please see our Program Guide for information on time-limited support groups.
Referral to community services
Our team of social workers will work with you to determine your specific needs and goals, and help to create a plan for you. At times this may include making a referral or connection to services available in the community, which we are happy to facilitate with your consent. For more information, please speak to your social worker.