Professional Development Opportunities
Geriatric Interdisciplinary Grand Rounds
- Geriatric Grand Rounds occur every 2nd Thursday morning from 8:00-9:00 a.m. at the Saskatoon City Hospital, Rependa Center (Main level) and broadcast via Telehealth.
- It is open to any medical discipline, and any member of the public with an interest in Care of the Elderly.
- The presentations are on all aspects of Geriatric Care including presentations from social work, nursing, occupational therapists, medical doctors, community services, speech therapists, physiotherapists, pharmacists, etc.
Call your local telehealth coordinator to register.
Brain Xchange Webinars
In partnership with the Alzheimer Society, Brain Xchange offers free webinars on a variety of dementia related topics.
Visit the Brain Xchange website to register for upcoming webinars.
Brain Xchange Webinar Recordings
Access recordings of past Brain Xchange webinars such as Communication, Grief, Living with Dementia, Person Centered Care, etc.
Alzheimer's Knowledge Exchange Resource Center (AKE)
The Alzheimer Knowledge Exchange (AKE) is a network of people dedicated to improving the quality of life for persons with Alzheimer disease and related dementia.
The AKE promotes and supports a knowledge exchange interface amongst researchers, educators, care providers (paid and non-paid), policy makers and stakeholder organizations working in dementia-related research, policy or care. By leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the network, we will:
- Support learning needs of people seeking practice change for continuous quality improvement.
- Stimulate, support, and share innovations in dementia care.
- Build and strengthen collaborative partnerships between stakeholder.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017