Diagnosis and Support Coordinator
The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan (ASOS) is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization committed to improving the lives of people affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. ASOS is currently recruiting an ambitious and result-oriented individual to work as a .75 FTE (28 hrs/week) temporary Diagnosis and Support Coordinator for an 11-month term.
The Diagnosis and Support Coordinator (DSC) is responsible for supporting people experiencing warning signs to understand the importance of getting a diagnosis, empower them to work with physicians to get a diagnosis and refer those experiencing challenges in getting a diagnosis to the Rural and Remote Memory Clinic 2.0 (RRMC2.0). The DSC will support the Alzheimer Society physician education initiative.
Ideally, you will have the following key attributes and qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in social work or nursing, Master’s level education or working towards the same preferred. Registered with Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW) or Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) (While the successful candidate is an Alzheimer Society employee, this position is funded through RaDAR who stipulates a preference for a registered professional.)
- Three to five years experience with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias or a related area
- Advanced level of knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, including clinical manifestations, diagnosis, behaviours, current care practices, treatment options, available community resources, and all relevant legislation.
- Well-developed public speaking and communication skills
- Strong organizational and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with staff
- Professional and organized work ethic
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Outgoing personality
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to travel with valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract. Vehicle is required
Salary Range: $34,630 - $42,320
This 11-month term position is eligible for the group benefits offered through the Alzheimer Society, once eligibility requirements have been met as set out by the provider.
Interested and qualified applicants can forward a cover letter and resume stating competition # DSC to:
Director of Programs and Services
Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan
#301, 2550 – 12th Avenue Regina, SK, S4P 3X1
Email: [email protected]