Enjoy physical activity conducted by a certified fitness instructor, followed by activities and social time in a relaxed atmosphere. Develop new friendships with others living similar experiences.
About Minds in Motion
How the program works
A two hour, weekly program that runs for ten consecutive weeks. The program combines:
- 45 to 60 minutes of physical activity, led by a certified physical activity program leader.
- 45 to 60 minutes of socially stimulating mental activities, facilitated by Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan program staff and volunteers.
Class sizes are limited in order to accommodate the needs of all participants.
Benefits for the person living with dementia
- Increased confidence and comfort with their diagnosis,
- Inclusion in community and
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility and alertness.
Benefits for the caregiver, family member or friend
- Self-care: An opportunity to focus on their own health, rather than focusing exclusively on the needs of the person living with dementia,
- Pleasure from seeing the person that they care for enjoying themselves and
- Mutual support and learning from other care partners.
Benefits for all
- Sharpened mental functioning, sometimes lasting two to three days,
- Reduced sense of isolation,
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility, strength and endurance and
- Supportive environments which encourage new friendships with others who are living the same.
Sessions and dates
Registration for fall Minds in Motion is closed, as all sessions are full. Please check back soon for dates for our next session!