For more information or inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities, contact Marni Hatcher by email at [email protected] or phone 306-949-4141.
Support Group Facilitator Job Description
To better support caregivers across the province, we offer Caregiver Support Groups in many communities. We rely on volunteer facilitators in these communities who plan and coordinate these support groups with our help. As a
Support Group Facilitator you will:
- Oversee and guide support group meetings at a time and place agreed upon by group members and make all other necessary meeting preparations,
- Create and maintain an open, safe and supportive group culture,
- Provide group members with information about dementia and its progression, caregiving, increasing personal resiliency, health system navigation and community resources,
- Participate in ongoing education and training provided by the ASOS and
- Time Commitment: Support Groups meet once monthly on an ongoing basis. Additional time required organizing and publicizing meetings, completing reports and participation in education and training will vary. A yearly commitment to attend a facilitators training session is expected.
If you're interested in providing caregivers and family with the opportunity to socialize and find support in their community, contact Alice Germann:
- Email at [email protected]
- Phone: 306-370-7046
Whether acting as board members, helping out around the office, raising their voice by sharing their personal experience, lending a hand at fundraising events or facilitating a support group, our volunteers are vital to ensuring we can help those affected by dementia.
The individual eligible for this nomination must have demonstrated exceptional commitment to the Alzheimer Society in a volunteer capacity. The recipient should demonstrate leadership in helping the Alzheimer Society to achieve the mission through volunteer commitment in the areas of governance, support, education, awareness or fundraising projects.
Volunteerism Award Recipients
2018 - Marcia Verbeke
2017 - Gordon and Lorraine Allchurch
2016 - Carol LaRocque
2015 - Ted Sayer
2014 - Sons of Scotland Benevolent Society, Regina - Camp Balmoral #177
2013 - Barb Stewart
2012 – Pat Bagwell
2011 – Jean Mahon
2010 – Trudy Retzleff
2009 – Therese Jelinski