Enjoy physical activity conducted by a certified fitness instructor, followed by activities and social time in a relaxed atmosphere. Develop new friendships with others living similar experiences.
About Minds in Motion
How the program works
A 1.5- 2 hour, weekly program that runs for ten consecutive weeks. We offer in-person and virtual offerings of the program. Minds in Motion® combines:
- 45 to 60 minutes of physical activity, led by a certified physical activity program leader
- 45 to 60 minutes of socially stimulating mental activities, facilitated by volunteers
Class sizes are limited in order to accommodate the needs of all participants.
Benefits for the person living with dementia
- Increased confidence and comfort with their diagnosis
- Inclusion in community
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility and alertness
Benefits for the caregiver, family member or friend
- Self-care: An opportunity to focus on their own health, rather than focusing exclusively on the needs of the person living with dementia
- Pleasure from seeing the person that they care for enjoying themselves
- Mutual support and learning from other care partners
Benefits for all
- Sharpened mental functioning, sometimes lasting two to three days
- Reduced sense of isolation
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility, strength, and endurance
- Supportive environments which encourage new friendships with others who are living the same
Sessions and dates
All sessions are currently full.
Please check back later this summer for updates on 3 fall sessions: Saskatoon, Regina and Virtual!