Whether you are living with Alzheimer’s disease, another form of dementia, or supporting someone who is, our First Link® program connects you and your family to your local Alzheimer Society programs and other community services.
First Link is about helping you and your family make informed choices so you can live better with dementia at every stage of the disease. Connecting with First Link means you can:
- receive one-on-one or group support
- be referred to local healthcare providers and community services
- meet other people in similar circumstances and exchange experiences
- get the help you need to plan your future
How to access First Link®
To refer a patient and their family to First Link®, simply:
- Ask your patient/family member for permission to forward his/her name to the Alzheimer Society of York Region
- Complete the First Link® Referral Form and let us know that you would like to contact them.
- Please access the form either online or print a copy of the form. Once completed, you have three options: you can phone 905-726-3477 and speak with our First Link Coordinator, or fax the copy to 905-+726-1917 or email the referral to the Alzheimer Society of York Region to Jonathon Macri at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The First Link® Coordinator will then contact the family and connect them with available supports and education programs. As the referring physician/professional, you will receive a follow-up letter to let you know that the First Link has been made.
If you have any questions about First Link®, please feel free to contact Jonathon Macri, First Link Coordinator at 905-726-3477, ext. 235 or email at email@example.com. If you prefer, Jonathon Macri can meet with you in person to discuss the program in detail.