Have a question, need information or support? Contact our office today.
Alzheimer Society Huron Perth
On April 1, 2022, the Alzheimer Society Huron Perth was formed, unifying the former Alzheimer Society of Huron County and the Alzheimer Society of Perth County. We are excited to see this new organization take shape. Updates will continue to be added to this page.
The history of the Alzheimer Society of Huron County
The Alzheimer Society of Huron was founded by a group of family caregivers and incorporated in 1993. It is a non-profit corporation and a registered charity, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are elected at the Annual General Meeting.
In addition to providing programs to the community, we also support research through the Alzheimer Society of Canada as well as the Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases.
Quick Facts about The Alzheimer Society of Huron County:
- Formed in 1992 and incorporated in 1993,
- Serves all of Huron County with a population of 59,000
- Has ten members that sit on its board and
- Has over 90 volunteers who assist with many aspects of the organization, including board governance, programs, fund development and awareness as well as office assistance.
As one of many Societies that make up the network of Alzheimer Societies in Ontario, we provide programs, services, and education to persons with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their care partners.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth serves residents of Huron and Perth County, with offices located in Clinton and Stratford, and satellite offices located in Listowel, St. Marys, Wingham, and Zurich.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth is a non-profit charitable organization and depends on charitable donations and special events fundraising for the financial support required to continue our work. All donations to the Alzheimer Society of Huron County are eligible for tax receipts.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth Charitable Registration No. is 13150 3138 RR0001.
The Society is supported by individual and community service sector donations, special events fundraising and also receives funding from the Home and Community Support Services South West (formerly the South West Local Health Integration Network or SWLHIN) to support our education, counseling and First Link® programs.
Read the Multi-Sector Accountability Agreement between the Alzheimer Society of Huron County and the SWLHIN.
Respecting your privacy
At this time our Privacy Statement is available to the public by request. If you would like to view our privacy statement please email or call our Privacy Officer – Danielle Van Wyk at [email protected] or 519 482 1482 to request a copy.
Client Bill of Rights
The Client Bill of Rights has been developed to promote the dignity and worth of all people who use the services of the Alzheimer Society Huron Perth. Each client is unique and has the right:
- To be serviced in a manner that recognizes the person’s individuality including ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial and cultural factors.
- To mutual trust, respect for confidentiality and responsible communication.
- To courteous and respectful service, recognizing the client’s dignity, and privacy.
- To receive safe, appropriate, and timely service with freedom from mental, physical and financial exploitation.
- To recommend changes that affect his/her care with respect to policies, without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
- To give or refuse consent to the provision of service.
- To receive information about the services provided by the Alzheimer Society to him/her and to be told who will be providing the services.
- To be included in his/her assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of their personal care plan.
- To appoint someone to oversee their rights if they become unable to do so on their own.
- To be informed of the procedures for initializing complaints about the Alzheimer Society Huron County.