Have a question, need information or support? Contact our office today.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth actively supports families and individuals affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. We advocate for and provide support services, education, and funding for research for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
A world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
To alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empowerment, and Excellence.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth was founded on April 1, 2022, unifying the former Alzheimer Society Huron County and the Alzheimer Society Perth County. It is a non-profit corporation and a registered charity, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are elected at the Annual General Meeting.
In addition to providing programs to the community, we also support research through the Alzheimer Society of Canada as well as the Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases.
Quick Facts about The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth:
- Serves all of Huron and Perth Counties with a population of 138,162.
- Has eleven members that sit on its board.
- Has over 250 volunteers who assist with many aspects of the organization, including board governance, programs, fund development and awareness as well as office assistance.
As one of 26 Societies that make up the network of Alzheimer Societies in Ontario, we provide programs, services and education to persons with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their care partners.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth serves residents of Huron and Perth County, with offices located in Clinton and Stratford, and satellite offices located in Listowel, St. Marys, Wingham, and Zurich.
The Alzheimer Society Huron Perth is a non-profit charitable organization and depends on charitable donations and special events fundraising for the financial support required to continue our work. All donations to the Alzheimer Society Huron Perth are eligible for tax receipts.
Our Charitable Registration No. is 13150-3138-RR0001.
The Society is supported by individual and community service sector donations, special events fundraising and also receives funding from Ontario Health West to support our education, counseling and First Link® programs.
Respecting your privacy
Should you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, please contact our Privacy Officer – Amanda Schwartzentruber at [email protected] or 519 482 1482/519-271-1910.
Client Bill of Rights
The Client Bill of Rights has been developed to promote the dignity and worth of all people who use the services of the Alzheimer Society of Huron County. Each client is unique and has the right:
- To be serviced in a manner that recognizes the person’s individuality including ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial and cultural factors.
- To mutual trust, respect for confidentiality and responsible communication.
- To courteous and respectful service, recognizing the client’s dignity, and privacy.
- To receive safe, appropriate, and timely service with freedom from mental, physical and financial exploitation.
- To recommend changes that affect his/her care with respect to policies, without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
- To give or refuse consent to the provision of service.
- To receive information about the services provided by the Alzheimer Society to him/her and to be told who will be providing the services.
- To be included in his/her assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of their personal care plan.
- To appoint someone to oversee their rights if they become unable to do so on their own.
- To be informed of the procedures for initializing complaints about the Alzheimer Society Huron County.