Duties & Requirements
Requirements to Serve on the Board
Directors must be a member of the Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan and meet eligibility requirements in accordance with legislation and bylaws. Become a member today
The Non-Profit Corporations Act, 1995 requires that directors:
- Are over the age of 18
- Are acting in personal capacity as an individual
- Have not been found to be of unsound mind by a court in Canada or elsewhere
- Do not currently have the status of bankrupt
The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan requires all directors to complete a criminal record check to serve on the board.
Conflict of Interest
Nominees are not eligible to serve on the board if they have a conflict of interest:
- If any Director has any personal or corporate interest in any matter other than the best interest for the welfare of the ASOS of which s/he is a Director, there is a potential conflict of interest.
- Directors of the Board and family members of Directors shall not qualify to be hired as staff; staff and family members of staff shall not qualify to be members of the Board.
- Directors, staff and family members of either shall not qualify to bid for any ASOS contracts for employment, supplies and services.