Education & Support Programs
When faced with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias, getting the right help can make all the difference. The Alzheimer Society of Windsor & Essex County offers information, practical advice and support for people living with dementia, including all Partners in Care.
Our services include:
- One-on-one counseling and education
- Cognitive testing
- Family care planning
- Referrals to community resources and assistance navigating the healthcare system
- Suggestions for adapting to challenges.
- Support groups
- Information sessions
- First Link® Learning Series
- Reitman Enhancing Care Programs
Education & support services are free of charge and are offered by phone, visit or email. Home and office visits are available.
- Information and Referral
- Care Programs for Persons with DementiaThe Alzheimer Society of Windsor & Essex County provides a number of programs that offer direct care for persons with dementia, affording much needed caregiver relief to Care Partners.
Find out the many ways you can get the support you need, whether you are a person living with dementia, a caregiver or a family member.
- Living Safely
- Public Awareness
If you’re interested in making your community more aware of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, learn how the Alzheimer Society can help.
- Enhancing Care Program
As a family caregiver, you may experience complex emotions and stress, and have to take on new roles and responsibilities. At times you may also find it difficult to balance the different aspects of your life. The Enhancing Care Program is designed to help you learn new caregiving skills and communication techniques.
- Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO)
Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) exists to enhance services for older adults with complex responsive behaviours associated with dementia, mental health, addictions and other neurological disorders.