For more information on this service please contact Crystal Desjardins, First Link® Coordinator, at (519) 974-2220 ext. 231.
Where is care provided?
Care is provided at the client’s or caregivers home. A visit to the specific home/homes by Society staff must be conducted prior to services being provided.
What services are provided?
Our specially trained and Registered Personal Support Workers will attend to the daily living needs of the client such as:
- grooming, dressing, feeding and toileting
- assistance with transferring (provided lifting is not required, without assistive devices)
- monitoring client's safety -- mobility and ambulation
- monitoring intake of medication following Society's strict guidelines
- monitoring and encouraging exercise and recreational activities
- meal preparation for the client as per instructions from the primary caregiver
- socialization, stimulation and companionship
An assessment will be required to determine eligibility.
Cost $14.50/ hour. Cost is subject to change during COVID-19.