Want to drop in for a coffee or host your own Coffee Break®? Contact the Alzheimer Society of Muskoka at 705-645-5621 for more information.
About Coffee Break®
What is Coffee Break®?
Coffee Break is the Alzheimer Society's major nationwide annual fundraiser where friends, co-workers and customers gather in communities across Canada to raise funds for local Alzheimer Societies. Participants at these events make a donation in exchange for a cup of coffee. All money raised in Muskoka and Parry Sound stays in the community to help support local programs and services.
Where does an Alzheimer Coffee Break® take place?
Large corporations, small businesses, hospitals, schools, service organizations, health-care facilities and private residences are just a few examples of ideal places to host a Coffee Break®. You can organize an event -- large or small in your community, workplace or home.
When does it take place?
Coffee Breaks are held during the months of September and October each year.
How do I host a Coffee Break®?
It's easy. You can hold a break in your office, at home, at your church, in a local mall or anywhere you can set up a stand and serve coffee. You can also offer tea and juice, or raise more funds by adding cookies or pastries. It’s your Coffee Break®, your way – be creative and have fun! To get started, contact us at 705-645-5621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a host package.
Why should I host an Alzheimer Coffee Break®?
When you host a Coffee Break® in your community, you help raise much-needed funds for local programs and services for people with Alzheimer's disease and their care partners. Your support makes a huge difference in their lives.
How much money is raised?
Thanks to our generous sponsors and participants, Coffee Break® raises over $1 million every year across Canada in support of essential programs and services for people living with dementia, their caregivers and family. All proceeds raised in your community stay in your community.
Host a Coffee Break®
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Contact us for more information or to receive a Coffee Break® host kit. Call us at 705-645-5621 or 1-800-605-2075, or email email@example.com. We will make sure you receive a host kit with all the information and materials you need to make this a fun, achievable and unique experience.
- Promote, Invite & Host Your Coffee Break®. Make it as simple or as elaborate as you wish.
- Return the kit with donations. We will ensure you and your guests receive the appropriate tax receipts.
Perk up your Coffee Break®
Need some new ideas for your Coffee Break®? Check out the following tips:
- Partner with another group, business, or organization.
- Create a theme for your Coffee Break®.
- Need to get rid of some things? Hold a silent auction.
- Ask friends to bake goodies to donate.
- Not a coffee fan? Consider a fruit smoothie or hot chocolate event.
- Ask a local business to donate a portion of their coffee, tea or pop or a prize and host a raffle.