For the Caregiver
Support groups provide an opportunity for care partners caring for someone living in the community, who share a similar experience, to support one another, exchange information and ideas and in doing so, strengthen their capacity to cope. Case counsellors facilitate these groups and offer information and guidance according to the needs and interests of the group. Support groups run once a month for 1.5 hours. View the calendar below for detailed information about dates and locations.
Year-round Support Groups
- Fort Erie - First Thursday of the month, 1:00 pm @ Garrison Place
- Niagara Falls (for adult children) - Second Monday of the month, 6:00 pm @ Drummond Hill Presbyterian Church
- St. Catharines - Third Monday of the month, 1:30 pm @ the Alzheimer Society
- Welland - First Tuesday of the month, 1:30 pm @ Welland Community Wellness Complex
Men's Support Group
This support group provides education, support and assistance to husbands whose wives are experiencing dementia and are being cared for at home. The group meets weekly for eight weeks. To register contact Mary Clark at 905-687-6856 x526 or email@example.com.
- Niagara Falls - Wednesdays, 6:00 pm @ Southminster United Church, May 2 - June 30, 2018
Click on any event below for detailed information including maps.
Last Updated: 04/24/2018