Click on any of the cards at the bottom of this page to learn more about an individual program.
Contact us at 905-687-3914 for more information on any of the programs on this page.
I want to learn
Recently diagnosed or just looking to learn more about dementia? Individuals living with dementia or Mild Cognitive Impairment are welcome to attend any of the following education programs:
- Connections First - get to know the Alzheimer Society and learn a bit about dementia and brain health
- Beyond Words - an early stage learning series for individuals living with dementia and their care partners
- Finding Your Way - helps people living with dementia, their families, caregivers and communities to recognize the risk of going missing, be prepared for incidents of going missing, and ensure that people with dementia can live safely in the community.
- Learning the ROPES for MCI - a program aimed at community dwelling older adults experiencing Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and their close family member/friend (coming soon)
I need support
- One-on-one counselling - Our Client Support Outreach Services offer individualized support and education by case counsellors with expertise in dementia.
- Friendly Visiting - matches a person living with dementia with a trained volunteer to decrease social isolation through weekly visits.
- Tele-Care Phone visiting - a phone based Friendly Visiting program supported by trained volunteers who make phone calls to clients on a pre-determined schedule.
I want to stay healthy
We offer a range of programming to help you keep active, both physically and socially.