"Why Should I Serve on a Board?"
There are many benefits to serving on a volunteer board.
Benefits to Individual
- Builds your personal and professional reputation, as well as the business you represent
- Great skill/career development in several aspects including, but not limited to, law, fund development and business development
- Sense of well-being and satisfaction from engagement and sharing your worthy talents
- Impact your community in a positive manner
- Experiencing new challenges
Questions to consider before committing to a volunteer board
- Do you have the time?
- Are you passionate about the cause?
- Is the organization worth your time?
- Can you make a financial commitment?
- Can you help fundraise?
- Can you be selfless?
- Can you handle the culture?