Come walk with us on Sunday, May 30, 2021! Be part of Canada’s biggest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias by participating in your local IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's.
Why should you join the Walk?
- When you participate in the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's, you join thousands of New Brunswickers who want to see a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
- When you walk, you send a message of hope.
- When you fundraise, you help ensure there will always be support available for those who need it.
Why the Walk is especially important in New Brunswick
The Alzheimer Society of NB continues to provide much needed services and offer virtual programs to a growing number of people affected by dementia. As this number increases, so does the demand for programs, research and education across the province.
- The likelihood of a person developing Alzheimer’s and other dementias increases with age. New Brunswick has one of the largest percentage of people in the country who are aged 65 and older.
- 15,000+ New Brunswickers are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia.
- 14% of News Brunswickers living with dementia are below the age of 65, so supporting those with young onset dementia is also important.
How else can you help?
If you're unable to attend a Walk, there are still many other ways you can help:
- Encourage others to register for the Walk
- Sponsor a Walker
- Make a donation to the Walk nearest you
- Host a fundraising event and donate the proceeds
- Like us on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and share our posts
- Get your business involved: Promote our Walk on your website or in your email signature, email coworkers or organize a raffle
- Volunteer on a committee -- enthusiastic volunteers are a big part of making our Walk a success!