Impact of your Donation
Your gifts help fund crucial support programs and services that people living with dementia and their care partners depend on and move us closer to discovering a cure for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Learn about all the ways you can support the Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories.
Our services are built to connect individuals and families touched by dementia to a community of learning, information, and support and help them as they navigate a diagnosis of dementia.
“Every dollar donated is well spent and worthwhile. The supports and education provided by the Society are absolutely invaluable to those that need them.” – Carol, Alzheimer Society client
Your donation today will help us:
- Provide support throughout the continuum of the disease for both the person living with dementia and their care partners through our First Link® Program.
- Facilitate support groups for those touched by Alzheimer’s disease or other form of dementia.
- Fund ground-breaking research to find new treatments and eventually a cure for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Follow up regularly with clients to ensure their needs are being met at every stage of the disease.
- Promote public education and awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias to eliminate stigma and misconceptions, and ensure people know where to turn for help.
- Offer access to presentations hosted by experts in the field of dementia through our ASANT Café online platform.
All our services are offered free of charge, which is only made possible through the generosity of donors like you! The Covid-19 pandemic has greatly impacted the Society, but with the support of people like you we are continuing to stay connected with families needing support at this time.
Thank you for providing help for today and hope for tomorrow.
“Without the support of the Alzheimer Society, I honestly do not know where Hugh and I would be. I have learned so much about Alzheimer’s disease, how to best take care of Hugh and myself, and how to prepare myself for the road ahead.” – Debby, Alzheimer Society client