Common Questions

Get answers to common questions about donating to the Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories.

senior woman using her phone

Don’t see the answer you’re looking for below? Contact us at or call 1-866-950-5465.

How do I get my income tax receipt?

Online donors will receive an income tax receipt by email. If you donate by mail, fax, or phone, you will have the option to receive your receipt by email or mail. We issue official income tax receipts for all donations $20 or more.

If you would like a receipt for less than $20, please contact us at or call 1-866-950-5465.

What is your charitable number?

The Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories’ charity registration number is 12969-0343 RR0001.

As an Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories (AS AB/NT) supporter, will I receive solicitations from other charities?

No. We do not share our mailing list with any other charities; however, you may receive solicitation from Alzheimer Society of Canada on our behalf.

How often will I be contacted?

As a supporter of the Society, you will be kept up to date on information about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, caregiver support initiatives, and new research advancements through our letters and quarterly newsletters.

You will also be invited, from time to time, to renew your support of the Society. We hope you will respond to these requests whenever you can.

Your contact preferences can be updated anytime by emailing or calling 1-866-950-5465.

Can I have my donation automatically withdrawn from my account?

Yes! Signing up to become a monthly donor is quick and easy. Learn more about how monthly gifts benefit the Society.

What if I move or have a new email?

To update your information on file, send an email to or call 1-866-950-5465.