Information about Dementia in the Workplace
You can access information and guidance related to Dementia in the Workplace anytime by visiting DementiaAlberta.ca.
Specific questions about dementia in the workplace or the content on DementiaAlberta.ca can be directed to the Alzheimer Society at 1-866-950-5465.
Topics covered at DementiaAlberta.ca
Dementia in the Workplace (DementiaAlberta.ca) is a comprehensive web resource for Alberta-based employers and employees. It includes information and guidance related to:
- The warning signs of dementia and where to seek help.
- How to have productive, compassionate conversations related to dementia in the workplace.
- Alberta’s laws and employment standards, and how they apply when an employee is diagnosed with dementia or needs to provide care to someone diagnosed with dementia.
- How to build and contribute to a dementia-inclusive work environment.
- Employer-led and community-based services, supports, and resources available to people impacted by dementia.
How employers can use DementiaAlberta.ca
Alberta employers can refer to DementiaAlberta.ca to learn about the benefits of a dementia-inclusive workplace and how to build and encourage one.
They can also ensure DementiaAlberta.ca is a familiar and easily accessible resource for their supervisors and employees by including it, and content from it, as part of:
- Workplace health, wellness, and accommodations resources
- Employee onboarding materials and handbooks
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training and resources
- Supervisor and employee training
More Information and Support
Employers and employees are also welcome to call the Alzheimer Society at 1-866-950-5465 to:
- Ask questions about Dementia in the Workplace.
- Seek information, support, and services for Albertans living with dementia or care partners.
Your resource to navigate dementia in the workplace.