How can I make a difference?
Volunteer at our special events, become a support group facilitator, provide office support, or volunteer at information booths - these are only some of the areas we need your help! Volunteers are essential to the work that we do to support people affected by dementia and fund research into the cause and cure. We couldn’t do it without you!
We know that volunteering is a great way to engage your brain, stay social, and learn new skills. These are all great ways to keep your brain healthy - so what are you waiting for?
Don't feel qualified?
Don't worry - once we meet with you, we'll work together to find a position that suits your strengths and we'll provide the training you require.
Why volunteer with the Alzheimer Society?
When you become an Alzheimer Society volunteer, you have a chance to:
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Work with other members of the team to achieve a specific goal
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Establish contacts in your field of interest and gain experience for future employment
- Boost your health and reduce stress and
- Have fun!
Find a volunteer opportunity in your area!
Community Dementia Ambassador Program (CDAP)
If you have a passion for working within your rural community to make a positive difference in the lives of people living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, we would like to hear from you!
Submit your interest by completing our Rural Community Dementia Ambassador - Expression of Interest form
For additional information, please contact our Rural Community Dementia Ambassador Coordinator at [email protected] or call 1-866-950-5465
If you'd like to have some fun and give back to the community, please complete the Casino Volunteer Interest Form, and we will contact you when a casino is scheduled for the Society in your area.
- Edmonton - November 5 & 6, 2023 - Grand Villa Casino (Edmonton)
- Grande Prairie - 3rd Quarter (July, Aug or Sept) 2024 - Dates to be confirmed
- Lethbridge - 3rd Quarter (July, Aug or Sept) 2025 - Dates to be confirmed
- Provincial - December 19 & 20, 2023 - Starlight Casino (Edmonton)
Alzheimer's Face Off Pro-Am Hockey Tournament Volunteers
The Alzheimer’s Face Off presented by Christenson Communities Ltd. (AFO) is an Edmonton-based tournament that pairs hockey enthusiasts with some of their favorite NHL Alumni. This fun-filled weekend event focuses on raising funds to enable the Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories to continue to provide help for today through free education programs and support services for those living with dementia and their families and hope for tomorrow through research initiatives happening right here in Alberta.
Would you like to give back and have fun? Complete the AFO Volunteer Interest Form today and we will be in contact!