How can I make a difference?
Volunteer at our special events, become a support group facilitator, provide office support, or volunteer at information booths - these are only some of the areas we need your help! Volunteers are essential to the work that we do to support people affected by dementia and fund research into the cause and cure. We couldn’t do it without you!
We know that volunteering is a great way to engage your brain, stay social, and learn new skills. These are all great ways to keep your brain healthy - so what are you waiting for?
Don't feel qualified?
Don't worry - once we meet with you, we'll work together to find a position that suits your strengths and we'll provide the training you require.
Why volunteer with the Alzheimer Society?
When you become an Alzheimer Society volunteer, you have a chance to:
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Work with other members of the team to achieve a specific goal
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Establish contacts in your field of interest and gain experience for future employment
- Boost your health and reduce stress and
- Have fun!
Find a volunteer opportunity in your area!
Do you live in the Fort McMurray region? Would you like to help out and have a little fun too? We are currently looking for volunteers for our Boomtown Casino on November 12 & 13, 2020. Click here for more details and to sign up today!