Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories (AS AB/NT) in partnership with Campus Alberta Neuroscience (CAN) is proud to launch the Alzheimer's Research Competition!
Up to CAD $250,000 total funding for a period of up to three (3) years is available for innovative research into Alzheimer’s and dementia. This research competition aims to enhance the quality of life for those people and their support networks living with dementia, in the hope of finding a cure.
The competition requests applications for projects that fall under the Area of Focus: Quality of Life.
The competition theme is #HopeforTomorrow.
Competition guidelines and details can be found here.
- Opens September 21, 2022 - World Alzheimer’s Day
- Q&A Session 1: October 19, 2022
- Notice of Intent Submission Deadline: November 18, 2022 by 12:00 p.m. MDT (noon)
- Q&A Session 2: December 7, 2022
- Full Application Submission Deadline: January 20, 2023 by 12:00 p.m. MDT (noon)
- Application Review: February - April 2023
- Award Notifications: Spring - Early Summer 2023 (date subject to change)
Total award of up to $250,000 for a period of up to three (3) years.
This competition is open to independent researchers affiliated with the University of Alberta, Calgary or Lethbridge conducting research in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias in Alberta. Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories and Campus Alberta Neuroscience encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply to this funding opportunity.
Refer to the Campus Alberta Neuroscience website for application details.