Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30. Evening hours available by appointment only.
Alzheimer Society of Cornwall & District offers support, information and education to those living in the counties of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott and Russell, the city of Cornwall and Akwesasne.
Covid-19 Safety Plan Snapshot
The health, safety and security of our staff and our clients is paramount and of critical importance to meet the mission and vision of this organization. For this reason, the Alzheimer Society of Cornwall and District (ASCD) has developed a Covid-19 Safety Plan which outlines all the precautions we’re taking to protect our staff and our clients from the transmission of Covid-19.
Above and beyond our usual practices, the staff has implemented a number of steps to ensure that social distancing and cleaning meausures are in place. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Keeping a log of all individuals, including visitors, in our office, for contact tracing purposes;
- Covid-19 screening for all our visitors and guests;
- Daily cleaning routines;
- Personal protective equipment for staff;
- Free masks for clients who need them;
- Additional hand sanitizer for staff and clients;
- Restrictions on the number of individuals who can be in the office at one time (to ensure we can all maintain social distances); and
- Up-to-date information for staff, to ensure they’re aware of ongoing best practices related to Covid-19 precautions.
The ASCD has also set up two designated client areas in the office to ensure safe interactions between clients and staff. The client areas provide the added safety of a plexi glass dividers and are located in quiet and isolated areas of the office, to ensure privacy.
We thank everyone in advance for their understanding and respect of the new precautions in our workplace. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask to speak to Caroline Guimond, our Executive Director. She can also be reached at 613-932-4914 ext. 204.