We provide support for people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, caregivers, family members, and health-care professionals.
Our Family Support Caseworkers provide individual support to cater to specific needs. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. Support can be provided by phone or in person during an office or home visit.
To help you navigate through the changes, whether you are a person with dementia, a family member, or caregiver, we have created a number of brochures with details about what to expect. The Alzheimer’s disease Programs & Services brochure outlines the kinds of programs that are available across the country.
Access our services
Visit our Caredove listing to refer yourself to the Alzheimer Society of Cornwall and District's services.
If you are newly diagnosed:
- First Steps outlines a step-by-step plan to help people who are newly diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- What to Expect gives an overview of the stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Shared Experiences: Suggestions for Those With Alzheimer Disease is a brochure with advice written by people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
If you are a family member or caregiver:
- First Steps: For Families of Those Recently Diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease outlines steps family members can take to prepare for the Alzheimer’s journey ahead.
- Reducing Caregiver Stress provides suggestions to support caregivers in giving the best possible care and also to take care of themselves
- Ways to Help: Assisting People Living With Alzheimer's disease gives suggestions for helping people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers.
For further information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us.