For the general public, businesses and community groups
The Alzheimer Society of Muskoka provides many presentations to learn more about dementia, prevention and the research to find a cure. These sessions are flexible and designed to meet your needs. They can range in duration and be offered during the daytime or evening.
Popular topics include:
- Alzheimer Society programs and services
- Heads up for Healthier Brains
- What is normal memory loss
- Research updates
- Communication with the person with dementia
- Maintaining Spirituality in Dementia
- Advanced Care Planning
- More topics available on request
The Alzheimer Society of Muskoka offers a school program designed to reach out to the younger generation who are coping with the effects of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias on family members. The goals of this program include:
- Increasing general awareness and understanding of Alzheimer's disease and it's impact on society
- Supporting younger people who are coping with disease within their family
- Encouraging healthy lifestyles associated with long term brain health.
If you are interested in hosting a presentation at your school please call us and speak with the Education Coordinator.
If you’re interested in bringing in a speaker to talk about dementia, caregiving, research or advocacy, the Alzheimer Society of Muskoka is a great resource and has staff and volunteers who are willing to help you get the message out about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.