What is the 30 Days 30 Minutes Challenge?
We know that a healthy active lifestyle is one of the best defenses against Alzheimer's disease and other dementias so we wanted to encourage you to get moving! Challenge yourself, your family and your friends to be active for 30 minutes a day for 30 days!
How do I take part?
1. Register for the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's Grey-Bruce (Hanover, Owen Sound, Saugeen Shores, or Thornbury) and raise funds to support local families living with dementia. www.walkforalzheimers.ca
2. Print or download one of the activity tracking forms below
3.Challenge your friends and family to join your walk team and be active with you for 30 minutes for 30 days!
4. Get active for 30 minutes a day for 30 days! This can be walking, yoga, strength and balance, dancing...anything that gets you moving!
5. Log the days you were active between April 28th and June 7th 2021
6. If you can, share your progress on your social media #igwalkforalz
7.Send your completed tracker to Chris Doyle at [email protected] or 753 2nd Ave E, Owen Sound, ON N4K 2G9
What do I do when I'm done?
First of all you congratulate yourself for an awesome 30 days of activity! You worked on your health and showed your commitment to local families living with dementia!
You can send your completed tracker to Chris Doyle at [email protected] or 753 2nd Ave E, Owen Sound ON, N4K 2R9
All completed tracking sheets from people registered for the Walk for Alzheimer's Grey-Bruce locations will be entered in a draw for a pair of Air Pods generously donated by Bruce Power. The draw will take place on June 14th, 2021.
Tell me more about the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's
This is the major annual fundraiser for the Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce. Incredible people like you fundraise the money that allows more than 1,000 local families living with dementia to be supported each year. Personalized support, education, physical exercise, mental stimulation, social connection the Alzheimer Society programs help build a community of care for people living with dementia and those who love them.