Who we are:
The Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories (AS AB/NT) is a not-for-profit association that exists to heighten awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, provide support services, and support research into the cause and a cure for this disease. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our values are “CARE: Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.”
Reporting to the Major Gift and Planned Giving Officer, the Fund Development Coordinator will be accountable for the growth and development of the Society’s donor program through fundraising and stewardship initiatives. As part of the Philanthropy team, this position will identify and increase donor succession to result in increased financial support and annual giving. We are seeking an ambitious and proactive individual with strong fund development and donor relation knowledge, with a passion for cultivating meaningful partnerships.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Engaging the community to research, identify and cultivate new consistent donors to secure gifts that will increase the annual or monthly gift-giving program.
- Increasing the size of existing donor gift-giving while increasing retention.
- Maintaining the donor database, including tracking and reporting on fundraising initiatives.
- Developing and refining strategies for achieving fundraising priorities.
Stewardship & Donor relations
- Building relationships with a diverse set of donors to gain valuable insights and demonstrate impact and appreciation.
- Developing stewardship plans for integration into the Philanthropy team’s portfolio.
- Recording the relationship-building process to facilitate open communication and a team-based fundraising environment.
- Identifying donor succession opportunities to promote consistent donors to major gift-giving.
- Contributing to the production of compelling communication, including but not limited to, cases for support, gift proposals, and presentations.
- Supporting AS AB/NT special events and other duties as required.
What you will bring
- 3-5 years of experience working in fund development with an understanding of moves management, pipeline development, solicitation strategies, donor relations, and stewardship is required
- Marketing diploma or fundraising certificate is considered is preferred
- CFRE designation is considered an asset
- 3 years of experience in a role requiring external-facing communications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in building positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels, professionalism in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to supporting and enhancing organizational culture and values
- Ability to stay focused and work independently in a fast-moving and diverse work environment
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with databases and social media outlets.
- Remote and/or Society provided office environment
- Routine use of computers and other technology
- Flexible work schedule may be required to work some overtime hours during specific periods
- Off-site work (meetings, functions, attendance at events, etc.)
- Some travel required
- The Society office is a professional working environment, with appropriate professional attire and attitude expectation at all times. • The Society is committed to an inclusive, respectful and equitable workplace. All employees will be given help, encouragement, and accommodation where necessary to be successful in the position.
What we offer
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Annual Vacation starting at three weeks
- Personal Days
- Wellness Fund
- Festive Season Closure
- Remote work available and a commitment to flexibility.
To apply please send a copy of your cover letter and resume by email to: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.