To register and learn more, please contact Angela Meraw, Operations Manager:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: (613) 962-0892
What is Minds in Motion®(MiM)?
Combining physical activity and mental stimulation, Minds in Motion unfolds to laughter and chatter, with new friendships forming and stories being shared.
- Minds in Motion participants have early to mid-stage signs of dementia and are accompanied by their care partners
- In some circumstances individuals register on their own, please connect with your local Alzheimer Society for more information on this option
- A maximum of 11 couples, or 22 participants, enrolled in each eight-week program
- Each pair pays a minimal registration fee (fees may vary by community)
The 2-hour program runs once a week, for 8 weeks, in a community-based program centre, and offers:
- Gentle and easy to follow physical activities
- Fun social activities focused on building personal skills
For the person with dementia:
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility, and alertness
- Increased confidence, and comfort with their own circumstance
- Mutual support from others facing similar experiences
For the care partners, it’s an opportunity to focus on their own health, and have fun with their partner. Other benefits include:
- Seeing the person they are caring for enjoying themselves
- Mutual support and learning from other care partners
All participants can benefit from:
- Sharpened mental functioning, sometimes lasting 2-3 days.
- Increased sense of social participation
MiM Prince Edward County
Thanks to the sponsorship of the Huff Family Fund, The County Foundation and St. Andrew's Anglican Parish of Kente the Minds in Motion program is running VIRTUALLY in 2020/2021.
Contact us for Minds in Motion programming for persons living with dementia and their care partner today!
In the spring of 2020 the Minds in Motion program will begin running VIRTUALLY!