To register and learn more, please contact Sarah Bradshaw, Operations Manager:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: (613) 962-0892
What is Minds in Motion®(MiM)?
Combining physical activity and mental stimulation, Minds in Motion unfolds to laughter and chatter, with new friendships forming and stories being shared.
- Minds in Motion participants have early to mid-stage signs of dementia and are accompanied by their care partners
- In some circumstances individuals register on their own, please connect with your local Alzheimer Society for more information on this option
- A maximum of 11 couples, or 22 participants, enrolled in each eight-week program
- Each pair pays a minimal registration fee (fees may vary by community)
The 2-hour program runs once a week, for 8 weeks, in a community-based program centre, and offers:
- Gentle and easy to follow physical activities
- Fun social activities focused on building personal skills
For the person with dementia:
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility, and alertness
- Increased confidence, and comfort with their own circumstance
- Mutual support from others facing similar experiences
For the care partners, it’s an opportunity to focus on their own health, and have fun with their partner. Other benefits include:
- Seeing the person they are caring for enjoying themselves
- Mutual support and learning from other care partners
All participants can benefit from:
- Sharpened mental functioning, sometimes lasting 2-3 days.
- Increased sense of social participation
Minds in Motion 2023
Join ASHPE staff for a MINDS IN MOTION wellness program. Exercises, activities, discussion and more - in a safe, open environment.
Contact us today to find out more about Minds in Motion and to try it out! For persons living with dementia and their partners in care.