To register or donate, please contact Sarah Bradshaw, Operations Manager:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: 613-962-0892
About the Music for Me Program
The Music for Me program provides individuals with personalized music designed to stimulate their memory and engage them through auditory stimulus, supporting self-expression and identity.
Each participant has access to their own personal equipment including an iPod or mp3 and charger, a personal selection of music and headphones. The program is free of charge but donations are always appreciated.
The benefits of music:
- Music provides a sense of familiarity
- It induces memories and feelings of nostalgia
- It can reduce behavioural disturbances (ex. verbal, physical, wandering, sleep disturbances)
- Music improves functionality and initiates meaningful daily activities
- Music improves mood and reduces irritability, promotes relaxation and relieves anxiety.
Over 100 people in Hastings and Prince Edward counties are already participating in the Music for Me program. We want to continue taking in new clients for this program as well as others. For the Music for Me program to remain sustainable and free, we rely on donations from the community.
We are accepting donations of iPods or mp3 players in usable condition or any monetary donations towards programming.
More useful links and resources
Belleville Intelligencer article from 2017 showcasing the Music for Me program.