Sign up for our competition!
In addition to the art exposition and auction, a panel of judges will determine the winning artwork to be featured in a limited series of cardstock prints for sale. The proceeds derived from the future sale of the printed products from the said image belong to the Alzheimer Society of Cornwall & District. The chosen artist will be awarded $250.00. The winner will be announced at our annual A Christmas to Remember fundraising event. All submissions including the winning artwork will be auctioned at A Christmas to Remember. Half of the proceeds go to the artist and the artists reserve the right to determine the minimum bid. Unsold artworks will be returned to the artists. Venue location and date will be confirmed at a date.
- Registration fee: $25
- Theme: must incorporate elements representing dementia. They can include, but are not limited to, the colour blue, forget-me-not flowers, and represent the beautiful memories experienced with someone who now has dementia or beautiful memories still to be made.
- Artwork specifications:
- 2-dimensional piece on substrate of your choice (canvas, watercolour paper, etc.)
- Medium of your choice (oil, acrylic, watercolour, photos, mixed media, etc.)
- Minimum size 11” x 14” or larger in approximate ratio either portrait or landscape. (Please note that the winning artwork will be incorporated into prints and that there is a chance that the image might be cropped to optimize the layout.)
- Submission specifications:
- Complete the application form with a short description highlighting the inspiration behind your artwork.
- Artists must drop off the application, registration fee and submission by November 10th, 2023, at the Alzheimer Society Cornwall office at 106B Second St. W. between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
All proceeds will go to support local programs and services offered by the Alzheimer Society of Cornwall & District, such as caregiver support, education and adult day programs. Your contribution will make a difference in the lives of people living with dementia and their care partners locally.
Click to download application form.
Artists must drop off the application, registration fee and submission by November 10th, 2023, at the Alzheimer Society Cornwall office at 106B Second St. W. between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.