Support & Social Groups
For the Caregiver
Support groups provide an opportunity for care partners caring for someone living in the community, who share a similar experience, to support one another, exchange information and ideas and in doing so, strengthen their capacity to cope. Case counsellors facilitate these groups and offer information and guidance according to the needs and interests of the group. Support groups run once a month for 1.5 hours. View the calendar below for detailed information about dates and locations. Respite services available - please call the Alzheimer Society at 905-687-3914 to discuss eligibility.
Year-round Support Groups
- Fort Erie - First Thursday of the month, 1:00 pm @ Garrison Place
- Niagara Falls - Second Monday of the month, 6:00 pm @ Drummond Hill Presbyterian Church. Call the office to register at 905-687-3914.
- St. Catharines - Third Monday of the month, 1:30 pm @ the Alzheimer Society
Support Groups running September - June
- Welland - First Tuesday of the month, 1:30 pm @ Welland Community Wellness Complex
*NEW* Men's Support & Social Group
- Grimsby - Second Tuesday of the month, 10:00 am @ Peach King Centre
*NEW* Young Onset Dementia Care Partner Group
- St. Catharines - First Wednesday of the Month, 5:00 pm @ the Alzheimer Society (Currently dates are set for March 4, April 1, May 6, and June 3) Registration required - call the office at 905-687-3914 or register online using the form below.
Click on any event below for detailed information including maps.