Plan a Legacy
You can give Help for Today… Hope for Tomorrow®. You can change lives today. You can help find a cure for the future.
Your donation helps 17,000 families in Nova Scotia who face Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, on a daily basis. Because of your donation, there is education, support and advice. Through your gift, there will be funding for research into causes, treatments and cures.
There are several ways in which you can choose to support the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia. You can
Make a donation:
Every donation you make helps those living with dementia in Nova Scotia. Tax receipts are provided for every donation over $10.
- You make your donation in memory of a family member, or friend. When you make a gift the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia sends a card in your name, or anonymously, to the family as you request. Your name and address are shared, but the amount of your donation is not revealed.
- Tribute gifts mark special occasions at any stage of life: graduations, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries or retirement. When you make a gift the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia sends a card in your name, or anonymously, to the honouree. Your name and address are shared, but the amount of your donation is not revealed.
Become a LIVING LEGEND. Plan a legacy gift.
Simply put, planned giving enables you to plan meaningful gifts to the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia that reflect your beliefs and values by supporting them during their lifetime and beyond.
- A gift in your will, also called a bequest, makes a lasting impact. It can also help you make a much larger gift than may otherwise be possible, ensuring the best possible help for today and hope for tomorrow.
- Donate stocks, bonds and mutual funds to make life better for those living with dementia while taking advantage of tax benefits on your appreciated securities.
- When you give a new or existing life insurance policy to the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia, you’re turning small monthly premiums into a significant gift.
- In just minutes, you can plan a gift of RRSP/RRIF funds that will make a difference to those living with dementia in Nova Scotia.
- Learn more about how you can invest gifts of property, trusts and annuities in the search for a cure for dementia.
- For more information on making meaningful gifts to the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia that reflect your beliefs and values, while leaving a unique legacy to memorialize those values and beliefs during your lifetime and beyond, please contact your lawyer or financial planner.