You want to make a difference. And we need your help.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Alzheimer Society. We have many volunteers across the province who work in many ways to help those affected by Alzheimer's disease, their families and caregivers, and the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia office. Whether you have just a bit of time or want to volunteer on a regular basis, there are a number of ways you can help.
Here are a few examples that might fill a need at the Alzheimer Society and may appeal to your interests to get you thinking:
Offer your time:
- Help with local events like the annual Alzheimer Coffee Break®, canvas Door-to-Door, or help out with our IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s.
- Help out in the Halifax office by preparing educational materials, mail outs, and some administrative tasks.
Offer your skills:
- Write for our newsletter In the Loop.
- Help with displays / public education sessions.
- Caregiver Support Group Facilitators are needed across the province.
- Join our Speakers Bureau and seek out opportunities to present educational sessions.
Get involved today! Fill out our volunteer application form.
To learn more about volunteering, please contact:
Marilyn MacMullin, Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement
Tel: 422-7961 ext. 245
Email: [email protected]