Caregiver Support Groups
The Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia offers a network of Caregiver Support Groups. These groups offer a safe environment where you can learn, share, and help each other through mutual understanding. All groups are currently meeting virtually via Zoom, due to COVID-19.
Caregiver Support Groups are a good place to:
- Exchange and share information and support
- Expand friendship and social networks
- Decrease loneliness and isolation
- Express feelings
- Learn from others
- Access current information
Current virtual groups:
- First Tuesday of every month, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- First Thursday of every month, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Second Monday of every month, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Second Tuesday of every month, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fourth Thursday of every month, 7:00-8:00 p.m. (two separate groups meet at this time)
- Last Tuesday of every month, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Last Wednesday of every month, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Find out more about Virtual Caregiver Support Groups and find a group that works for you! For more information, call the Alzheimer InfoLine at 1-800-611-6345 or email [email protected]